Getting rid of a texture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting rid of a texture

Inadvertently added a non-standard texture to my map. As I would prefer to avoid having a texture package added with my map, I imported the texture to the MyLevel package and replaced all occurances of the texture with the MyLevel version (method: pick orignal texture-> select all similar textures command -> added new texture). The texture now being used is from the MyLevel package- no instances of the texture from the original source exist. However, the non-standard package is still required to un the file. I have tried deleting the file from the Maps texture listing, but that crashes UED.

Any ideas how to get rid of it? Thanks.
    Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
    Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

hm as far as i know as long the Texture from the Mylevel-Package is used in the Level the Package stays. Delete all the Mylevel-Textures in the Level and it should be gone...

(i think)
    My leet Thievery Map
    My leet UT3 Map
    My leet AS Map

Comment

Try the command "texture cull" in the console, rebuild then save, exit UED, reload, then see if it still needs it.

Texture cull basically takes all concealed faces and textures them with the standard greenish bubble texture. Texture replace should also do the trick. Select all matching texture only catches visible faces, not faces that butt up to other geometry.

Comment

I think the texture replace command did it in the end- the offending texture is nowhere to be found! Thanks. I think the problem was a mover somehow obtained that particular texture as I noticed it had the texture while tweaking.
        Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
        Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Comment

Working...
        X