Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is a normal, frobably Thievery door created?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is a normal, frobably Thievery door created?

Seems pretty simple...but I still don't know... :?

Also, how do I make climbable ladders and ropes.
    Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
    www.usyetzer.com

Try reading this?

http://www.thieveryut.com/Mapping/index.htm
    (AKA Dresden)
    Despite all my rage, I am still just a dwarf in a cage.

Comment

After having made the door brush, instead of left-clicking the "Add Mover Brush" button, you right click it. A list containing all the different types of movers will be displayed in the dropdown menu, at the bottom you will find "thDoor"... Click it.

Comment

As for climbable ladders and ropes, what you see in game is more decoration/visual reference. The ladder actor is what allows you move vertically. The mapping index will show you were it is, and how to use it. Essentially, you set the collision cylinder to encompass a volume you want to move vertically in. I want to say the height is twice what you type in, but not sure offhand. If you find the height to be greater then what you would expect, that is probably why.
        Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
        Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Comment

To actualy get it to move when frobbed, right-click on hte new door, select movers<key2. THen move the door to where you want it to be when it is frobbed. Then click key1, and it should return to where you originally added the mover brush.

(And to look at the textures, right-click and go to movers<show polys)
          "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

erm isnt key 1 the "open" position and key 0 the "base" postion? :?
            My leet Thievery Map
            My leet UT3 Map
            My leet AS Map

Comment

Originally posted by Schleicher
              erm isnt key 1 the "open" position and key 0 the "base" postion? :?
              Yeah.
              It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

Sorry. switch all numbers i gave you to 0 and 1, instead of 1 and 2.

shows how awake i am on this damned fine saturday.
                "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

:lol:
                  My leet Thievery Map
                  My leet UT3 Map
                  My leet AS Map

Comment

I'm curious what happens if you use the higher key numbers as well, what does the mover do if it has a third position? Does it move one position per frob or move to the end of the cycle after pausing at the second position or what? what? tell me!?!
                    One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
                    -
                    The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

Comment

the higher key numbers are for complex moving (as far i remember)...

lets say u want a mover which moves up and then right and up again : up is key 1 - right is key 2 and up again is key 3

if u mistake the numbers (for instance setting keys for a door to 1 as "base position" and 2 as "open position") u get some pretty funny stuff, so be careful with that
                      My leet Thievery Map
                      My leet UT3 Map
                      My leet AS Map

Comment

Edit by Thebos: Deleted because it was a double post-see below
                        Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
                        Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Comment

Originally posted by Chainsaws
                          I'm curious what happens if you use the higher key numbers as well, what does the mover do if it has a third position?
                          One frob causes all keys to be run.

Frobbing a door initiates the move sequence. This sequence is composed of all the keys you tell it to use. I forget where off had- I think it is in the under the "Movement" in the actors properties- "Numkeys" I believe. Again, that is from memory and thus details are suspect. The default value is "2."

I have used this numerous times already for effect. One door I have uses several keys to simulate a rolling motion. Another is a door that is is pushed out, falls over a ledge, then hits the ground and bounces a little (may have to make that one regular mover as for some reason I cannot make a thdoor move only once like I can with a regular mover-still trying though)

It may be possible to make things move one key at a time. have not looked into it though. Would be nice for multifloor elevators if you could decrease/increase key frame by one (key in use is a listed property). May be already there, just have not looked.

Comment

Wow, so many detailed replies, thanks
                            One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
                            -
                            The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

Comment

Of course, the system isn't perfect. My experiments show that for a simple trap-door that moves up and then slides across there a problems. When opened, it does indeed play both keys - first up, and then across. Frob it to close it though and it goes straight back to key 0 - it slides diagonally through the ground. Suprisingly, if it is being triggered - say be a switch - then it will behave properly when closing, going through each key.
                              Immortius' Forge

Comment

Working...
                              X