Attachmovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attachmovers

I need some understanding person's feedback here, not some text file, so don't point me at any websites, please.

Here's the deal: i want ot make a boat that, when you jummp in it, moves. No big deal right? all i have to do is get the rowboat mesh onto a mover, and set it to bump activate.

Problem: there is no rowboat mesh that can be put into a mover, only the thieveryobject one.

Idea: use an attachmover and some blockalls to move both the boat and a collision hull when you pass within the trigger radius.

Problem: the blockall and the mover, and even the trigger move, but the boat object does not. while i'm floating acrossthe water, the boat stays in one spot, moored on the dock.

The boat is totally encompassed by the mover before it moves, and is set to the proper attachtags (boat1 in this case) The mover's tag is boatmover1, in case thta's important.

Any help, or alternate ideas?
    "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Try setting the attach tag of the boat to boatmover1 instead of boat1?
    Immortius' Forge

Comment

I'll try that..don' t think it'll work though.
      "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

I'll try that..don' t think it'll work though.

Comment

i think making a mover shaped like a boat shouldt be possible with the 2d-shape editor
          My leet Thievery Map
          My leet UT3 Map
          My leet AS Map

Comment

I have done something similar- I have cabinet that you can effectively move to get behind it. To do this, I used a Thdoor mover attached to the wire mesh. Works well.

There are a couple of ways to do this. I simply used the attach mover tag. UnrealWikki provides good descriptions. As I intend to have something similar, I will try to explain what I intend to do.

1) The rowboat actor should work fine- add that.

2) Create a mover that:
            A) set to "bumpopen"
            B) Is the ground plane of the boat
            c) Is hidden ingame, or some other means of hiding it
            D) Set key 1 to go down
            E) Set stay open time to zero

3) Name the mover in Event->Tag (example: BouncingBoat)

4) Name the rowboat in Movement->Attachtag the same thing (naming in event of course does nothing)

5) Also in the rowboat properties -> Advanced: (something I initially missed)
            A) Movement -> True
            B) bStatic -> False

6) Build and test.

I believe that is all that is needed. When I next get a chance, I'll give it test myself and see what happens. There are probably other ways, and there may be unforeseen things someone else can point out, but I know it is possiible.
            Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
            Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Comment

dude, thebos, you da man.

I changed the rowboat's own attachtag, and changed bstatic to false, and it worked, even the rotations in the water!

man, thanks. that adds a whole nwe level of interactivity to the map.

if i can couple this with the CRMPilotable movers.........

Comment

Working...
              X