Movers and light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movers and light

I got some doors which are totally unaffected by light! I set their textures to "bright corners", i changed the "dynamic light mover" setting - i even placed several lights around them just to check - they stay frickin dark!

i builded the brushes from which i intersected the movers in a separate cube with no lights - is that the cause?
    My leet Thievery Map
    My leet UT3 Map
    My leet AS Map

You probably did this, but just in case: did you do a complete rebuild (making sure the little box is checked to rebuild lights), or at least rebuild lights?

I have used the method you used to build the brushes with no such effect, so I doubt that is the problem.
    Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
    Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Comment

Happened to me as well. Changing the max zone lights in the zoneinfo did the trick.
      ]V[]V[

Comment

Word.

Since that's cleared up, I've a few questions on a similar subject.

I've got actors placed all nicey-nice in my map, and it's looking good and all that, but it flashes wierdly between completely black, and properly lit. Any help?
        "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Originally posted by Radamanthus
          (snip)... but it flashes wierdly between completely black, and properly lit. Any help?

Weird, this happens when I try to play Thief 2 O_o

Comment

u mean +1 max zonelight for each mover with that problem? I thought about using "special lit", but ill do that instead. Thankee
            My leet Thievery Map
            My leet UT3 Map
            My leet AS Map

Comment

umpf...
              any preferences how this value should be set? I doubled the maxlightcount and the doors still were dark :x

maybe the engine has trouble with them coz they are somewhat complex (they have sort of a relief on them and some 45 degree rotated textures)
              My leet Thievery Map
              My leet UT3 Map
              My leet AS Map

Comment

erm but maybe the problem was that those doors were way over the top ops:

i replaced them with simpler versions and they were fine (made a more detailed doorframe instead, so it looks better anyway ^^)

well i guess if something makes too much trouble it cant be good at all
                My leet Thievery Map
                My leet UT3 Map
                My leet AS Map

Comment

It's possible that the door was causing a big BSP hole, the spinning wheels on TH-Train do that once in a while. Sometimes instead of disappearing they just turn black...
                  It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

Working...
                  X