Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BiG_D
    replied
    It's possible that the door was causing a big BSP hole, the spinning wheels on TH-Train do that once in a while. Sometimes instead of disappearing they just turn black...

Leave a comment:

• Schleicher
    replied
    erm but maybe the problem was that those doors were way over the top ops:

i replaced them with simpler versions and they were fine (made a more detailed doorframe instead, so it looks better anyway ^^)

well i guess if something makes too much trouble it cant be good at all

Leave a comment:

• Schleicher
    replied
    umpf...
    any preferences how this value should be set? I doubled the maxlightcount and the doors still were dark :x

maybe the engine has trouble with them coz they are somewhat complex (they have sort of a relief on them and some 45 degree rotated textures)

Leave a comment:

• Schleicher
    replied
    u mean +1 max zonelight for each mover with that problem? I thought about using "special lit", but ill do that instead. Thankee

Leave a comment:

• Zidane
    replied
    Originally posted by Radamanthus
    (snip)... but it flashes wierdly between completely black, and properly lit. Any help?

Weird, this happens when I try to play Thief 2 O_o

Leave a comment:

• Radamanthus
    replied
    Word.

Since that's cleared up, I've a few questions on a similar subject.

I've got actors placed all nicey-nice in my map, and it's looking good and all that, but it flashes wierdly between completely black, and properly lit. Any help?

Leave a comment:

• MortalMonkey
    replied
    Happened to me as well. Changing the max zone lights in the zoneinfo did the trick.

Leave a comment:

• Thebos
    replied
    You probably did this, but just in case: did you do a complete rebuild (making sure the little box is checked to rebuild lights), or at least rebuild lights?

I have used the method you used to build the brushes with no such effect, so I doubt that is the problem.

Leave a comment:

• Schleicher
    started a topic Movers and light

Movers and light

I got some doors which are totally unaffected by light! I set their textures to "bright corners", i changed the "dynamic light mover" setting - i even placed several lights around them just to check - they stay frickin dark!

i builded the brushes from which i intersected the movers in a separate cube with no lights - is that the cause?
Working...
X