Hmm.. my objectives died.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm.. my objectives died.

Right. I've got a level where you have ot steal a document, kill a guy, steal some loot, and exit.

It worked, and the loot, papers, kill, and exit objectives worked spectacularly.

1 week later, as i finished my homework and got back to work on the map, it.... died.

The loot objective works. The document objective works. The kill objective works: TOO WELL! In fact, when you complete the objectve the map ends. Poof. No more game, thieves win.

I've tried getting the other objectives first: They work. I've tried killing the dude first. The game ends.

Help???
    "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Did you give the guards a "don't let the guy die" objective? If so, the thieves may be winning because the guards have failed all of their objectives.
    It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

Funny, something similar happened to me. Only it was my dreams that died, not my objectives, and it was a long time ago....

Comment

i'd say your exit has gone weird. Either your exit zone is no longer an air-tight zone or you have no exit zone thus making map end 8) (aka you accidentally deleted it)
        [E.D.G] "Eaves Droppers Guild - we're on the edge."

All New Thievery-O's!

Comment

WEll, the other objective work, but the map ends even if the other objectives are incomplete.

It worked fine for a week without the Guard's objectives at all *( i don't even have any guards yet).

It may be those script edits with the cannons that did it. I'll lootk into thta.

BTW, what IS the maximum number of zones? for some reason my waterzone and main central area is getting...combined.
          "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Ok. the objectives work now, but only as broadcast sameteam or Quiet.

But my zones are still getting screwed sometimes.

Comment

Maximum number of zones- 64
              Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
              Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Comment

And i only have 16...

The objectives dying is actually a bug that only happens when ther is a kill objective where the bot in question is following a patrol path that has not yet been 'built' a strange, oddly specific bug, but EXTREMELY frustrating

Comment

Working...
                X