"Phantom Objects"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Phantom Objects"

I seem to have created quite a lot of "Phantom Objects" while trying stuff. They aint visible on the map or in wireframe mode - they only exist as name (though view jumps to the position where i must have tried to place them when i click the name in the "search actor" list). Stuff like rat carcasses and even a stukka (musta been drunk). Doesnt seem to hamper performance but kind of bothers me. Any procedures to get rid of that garbage?
    My leet Thievery Map
    My leet UT3 Map
    My leet AS Map

You can do two things, either turn on radius view and do a select all on the map. Then hover arround and check if you see any wierd red circles that just fload in the air. This usually work best if you know where you placed the things.

You can also go in the "find" option in ued, and just go through the whole list. If you see them double click that name and then press delete. I'd turn on radius view to see if you really deleted it. ( if you select it, you'll see a red circle ... and if you press delete it dispears.
    On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

Aye, they can be annoying... Sometimes they only show up in game or editor.
      Had a glass mover in a map i could never get rid of it.
      Anyways, if you use the "Search for actor" function, doubleclicking the item will "select" it and take you to it's location. If you move the view back a bit, you can "see" if it's the right thing.
      Then just press "Delete" and be done with it.

Comment

Problem solved! Although the "delete" didnt work

For the rat-carcasses i used the Actor -> view Icon command and deleted those.
        The problem with that dumb stukka-model was, it was set to "DT_Sprite" for display method by default (hell knows why). So it had no Icon, no radius, no mesh, no wireframe model. But its properties werent accessable too, so for being able to change the display method to "DT_Mesh" for making it visible and deletable, i had to bring another (random) actors properties up and then had to click on the "stukka0" entry in the "search actor" list to make the stukka model properties available. I changed the display type, it appeared magically and i sent it to mapping hell!!!!

...i had that stupid thing in the map since the second test release....
        My leet Thievery Map
        My leet UT3 Map
        My leet AS Map

Comment

You uh, might, ahem, maybe, you know, want to look for some similar errant pathnodes ops:
          It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

tsk, tsk :wink:
            My leet Thievery Map
            My leet UT3 Map
            My leet AS Map

Comment

I've been wanting to put in pickup-able swonrds and maces and other weaponry for awhile, but they all classify as 'phantom objects'. I really want them in, but i can't seem to see them. is there any other way to do it besides guess-and-check?
              "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Working...
              X