Some new weapons I coded......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some new weapons I coded......

well I got a bit bored of mapping etc, so I tried my hand out at coding (or to be more precise, joining lots of different codes together till I got what I wanted). 8)

So after maybe 8/9 hours work I came up with these 5 or 6 new weapons (some I believe have been made before).

Theyre all in a map (no other files just the .unr) - so put it in the th-maps folder.
    You can play as guards or thieves, and each has a book or scroll next to it describing what each does. (the Jump potion is buggy, once picked up u start using up its time limit but it wont activate till u right click the inventory item.)

I removed the Earthquake bomb due it being all code ripped out of ChaosUT's vortex (all other codes are from tutorials,tut,ut and unreal and my own fiddling).

Thanks to Dalai for helping me get the scaling sorted on one of the weapons (was a bit big and over powerful).
    Also thanks for the ideas from Spam, Skull and Flack. (yes Flack I did the one you asked for, and did it before your "24 hour dead line" including the weird voices :p And the beta testers (mainly DhaThief), but also Sandman and Chuffed. and others ive forgotten ops:

Anyway here's the url (file is 28kb zip):

See Newer Threads For New Download Link.

Give me some feedback as to what you think - i personally feel it isn't bad for 8 hours work. :grin:
    I would have made more but I ran out of ideas ops:
    [E.D.G] "Eaves Droppers Guild - we're on the edge."

All New Thievery-O's!

hehehe Spiderbombs, Firebombs, Crackbombs.... :grin:

maybe you should give them unique item-names though...bit hard to tell apart if theyre all called "flashbomb"

Some ideas for you :

Potions which can give arrows/bolts temporary abilities like :

Poison (go figure ^.^)

Invisibility (imagine making a spider attacking guards invisible, or a fellow taffer...or an enemy attacking you )

Confusion (everything looks like something else - Guards are Spiders etc... :twisted: )

hmm : Disguise Potion (Thieves look like guards for a short time and are given some random AI name)

Doppelg┘ćnger potion (like decoy arrow, but you get several fake thieves/guards prancing around)

In exchange guards should have some special melee weapons which can drain life, make thieves more visible or slower when hit, or how implementing the much discussed mages.....errr we aint talking about balanced gameplay anymore, let your imagination fly! :grin:
    My leet Thievery Map
    My leet UT3 Map
    My leet AS Map

Comment

What about a poison potion that looks like an invis, but if the guards frob it (or the stupid thieves), it hurts them, just to make the guards think twice about smashing my precious invis that I dropped...
      It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

Okay ive made one (just putting on finishing touches). It works thusly:

Thieves drink it, they get 10 seconds invisibility.

Guards drink it, they drink 500% proof alcohol and find their vision rather crazy (but they are still in control of their legs (so not like crack where you spin round out of control) - so not fully legless ). This dizziness lasts for 30 seconds.

And the fake thieves potion has been made a bomb ('cos it's easier to make :p) it works for spawning fake thieves- shouldnt be too hard to make a fake guard (or titan ).....

All New Thievery-O's!

Comment

I love the alcohol

Comment

it should make them sing the taffer song automatically too...
            My leet Thievery Map
            My leet UT3 Map
            My leet AS Map

Comment

no way

I looked over other suggestions (not in this thread), Ive had a go at a few, the ony one i managed so far was exploding "Thief-style" (but not so large-and powerful) barrels. 8)

The fake thieves and fake guards like to go in the floor a bit and the AI dislike the fake guards at the moment.

The new invisibility potion is all nice and finished 8) Trust me BiG_D the guards WILL think twice about frobbing them

All New Thievery-O's!

Comment

Okay here's the latest version with 5 new things:

New Invisibility Potion (test as guard :grin: )

New 'Whistler' (guard only)

Explosive Barrels.

Fake Thief Bomb.

Fake Guard Bomb.

various tweaks to the other weapons already on version 1. (ive removed the jump potions).

So here's the link to the new zip:

Once Again See Newer Posts.

All New Thievery-O's!

Comment

wow i really like that crack bomb...
                  ...oh wait i did that one

but really, good job chief, nice coding now buy ut2k3 and code the nb engine :lol:
                  [KYO] - Knock You Out

Comment

okay DT go buy me a gfx card

The crack bomb I made the code, I didn't use DT's code (cos i lost it) if i had used it i'd have given him the full credit for it (or get spammed on msn :roll: 8) )
                    But it is true that all my crack bombs I made several months ago didnt work as they both flashed, and if thrown while running forward would crack the frobber. DT made one that worked perfectly. And I now made one that worked just as good as his.

All New Thievery-O's!

Comment

Is it possible to make the decoy guards/thieves running around?
                      My leet Thievery Map
                      My leet UT3 Map
                      My leet AS Map

Comment

dunno- if i were able to manage it the best id probably get is them running straight forward (no turning at obstacles etc).

All New Thievery-O's!

Comment

how about letting the bomb spawn real AI with only a short lifespan and with no possibilities to deal damage?
                          My leet Thievery Map
                          My leet UT3 Map
                          My leet AS Map

Comment

Originally posted by Schleicher
                            how about letting the bomb spawn real AI with only a short lifespan and with no possibilities to deal damage?
                            Because spawning an actual AI gives the guard team a free life. A guard respawning could inhabit the new AI.

Perhaps a better solution would be to randomly move to navigation points that pass a fast trace test? Like this pseudocode (I don't have UT here at work so I'm just doing a brain dump):

[code:1:5607fbb291]
                            class TKnightWannabe extends Pawn;

var NavPoint navDestination;
                            var float navSearchRadius;
                            var int navPointCount = 0;
                            var Vector[99] navCandidates;

function PreBeginPlay() {

super.PreBeginPlay();
                            navDestination = FindSomePlaceToGo();

}

function Tick (float DeltaTime) {

if (AreWeThereYet()) {

navPointCount = 0;
                            navDestination = FindSomePlaceToGo();

}

MoveTowardsDestination(); // implementation left as an excercise

}

function bool AreWeThereYet() {

if (navDestination == none || Location == navDestination) {

return true;

}

return false;

}

function Vector FindSomePlaceToGo() {

local NavPoint thisNavPoint;

foreach navPoint (RadiusActors(class'NavigationPoint', thisNavPoint, navSearchRadius)) {

if (!FastTrace (thisNavPoint.Location) && thisNavPoint != Location) {

navCandidates[navPointCount] = thisNavPoint.Location;
                            navPointCount++;

}

if (navPointCount > maxArraySize)
                            break;

}

if (navPointCount > 0) {

return navCandidates[rand(navPointCount)] ;

} else {

return a location in a random direction but on the same horizontal plane;

}

}

defaultproperties {
                            navSearchRadius=100.0
                            maxNavPoints=100
                            }

[/code:1:5607fbb291]

One obvious enhancement would be to maintain a short history of past nav points so the "AI" does not walk back and forth between two nav points like an idiot.

Comment

nice idea- easy to do too Just editing it to make it not crash tut :roll:

All New Thievery-O's!

Comment

Working...
                              X