Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Th-ItemsMutator ~ By Immortius Released. (New Thievery Weps)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Th-ItemsMutator ~ By Immortius Released. (New Thievery Weps)

I decided to start a new thread, as it's no longer just my weapons and it's not my map now. After much bug fixing by Immortius the mutator is ready for public release..........

The following weapons/items are in this mutator which can be used with any TuT map.

Remove Telescope Mutator, Spider Venom Bolts, Web Bolts, Spider Bombs, Crack Bombs, Fire Bombs, Titan Bombs, Water Bombs, Decoy Thief Bombs, Decoy Guard Bombs, New Invisibility Potion -NOTE: These are called PoisonPotions in the mutator list ! , Spy Whistlers, Light Weight Mace, Power Sword and last but not least Dagger.

The remove telescope mutator has to be used and MUST be the very first mutator in your mutators list if you wish to avoid having items not showing in the buy menu (only really effects the thieves buy menu).

Each weapon/ammo/iteam is a seperate mutator. So if you wish to play with crack bombs but no decoy bombs you just remove the decoys from the mutators list (So it is up to the server admins as to how balanced they want it :wink: ). Admins can also choose the cost of the weapons if they wish to edit my default settings in the ThItemsMutator.ini which should be created on first run of the mutator.

Some guards can not use their next weapon button to select spider venom bolts/web bolts- this is NOT a mutator bug, this is a Thievery bug (it only affects a few people, the same one's who cant use explosive arrows in Thief Match unless they use their keyboard number keys).

All bombs have their correct skins and guard friendly spiders now have the blue spider skin to distinguish them from the red man eating spiders.

Please follow the instructions in the read me file that comes with the mutator which can be found at the following url (untill I bug DP to host it ) :

http://home.ripway.com/2003-9/26131/ThItemMutators.rar

Hopefully some of the main servers might use some of these :wink: hey ! I can dream can't I :grin:

Have fun with them.............
    [E.D.G] "Eaves Droppers Guild - we're on the edge."

All New Thievery-O's!

Originally posted by [E.D.G
    Chief]The remove telescope mutator has to be used and MUST be the very first mutator in your mutators list if you wish to avoid having items not showing in the buy menu (only really effects the thieves buy menu).
    Technically it only has to before the last of the Thief Item mutators, but the point is you have to remove the telescope to make space for the last item before you try to add it.

Hopefully some of the main servers might use some of these :wink: hey ! I can dream can't I :grin:
    Don't forget to add the Explosive Crates mutator too.
    Immortius' Forge

Comment

Originally posted by immortius
      Don't forget to add the Explosive Crates mutator too.
      OMG what will Master Builder do?

Comment

Explode, hopefully.
        Immortius' Forge

Comment

Would it not be easier for everybody to make each mutator check if there is a free buymenu slot, and if not replace the telescope?
          ]V[]V[

Comment

Originally posted by MortalMonkey
            Would it not be easier for everybody to make each mutator check if there is a free buymenu slot, and if not replace the telescope?
            Perhaps, but I prefer people to have to specify they want it removed explicitly.
            Immortius' Forge

Comment

You could do it in a config.
              ]V[]V[

Comment

If I was going to put more effort into it I'ld just create a store mutator that lets you customize all elements of the store, so people could choose what to get rid of. Picking on the telescope is a little mean really. But as it is, there is only a problem if you play with all the new thief items, and I'm sure there is as at least 1 you wouldn't want to use.
                Immortius' Forge

Comment

Pfft, this mut is not anywhere near as important as the TvG code for NB. If you're so bothered by it why not change it yourself rather than pestering immort :? ?

Comment

Point taken.
                    ]V[]V[

Comment

Originally posted by immortius
                      Explode, hopefully.
                      BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

'scuse me. I'm just happy, 'tis all.
                      The only constant is change.
                      (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Originally posted by CrouchingDork
                        BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

'scuse me. I'm just happy, 'tis all.
                        If you tought killer crates was bad.... if you tought explosiv crates was bad... Then you just till i find you...

Comment

Problem is, if anyone could handle explosive crates without blowing him/herself up, it would be MB. And what will you do when you meet the fifty-foot wall of potential destruction that separates you from your objective?
                          ]V[]V[

Comment

Fire a couple of arrows at it then watch the server crash in a giant inferno.
                            Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

Not bad. Also destroys the phalanx of guards just on the other side of that wall.

Explosive crates could be helpful, but make htem encumbering and expensive. Or rare to find.
                              "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Working...
                              X