Mapping is worse than CRACK!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mapping is worse than CRACK!

Man. I thought, pretty much on a whim, that it would be interesting to give mapping a try. (I haven't done any since the days of Doom II.)
    I'm still unable to do much of anything, and loading up an existing map makes my head hurt. But my one room creations are entirely too much fun. Entirely. Too. Much. Fun. Seriously.
    I've got quite a few ideas for levels I want to make, but I need to get this stupid editor figured out. Bah. I shall prevail!!

-me.

Stupid people, thinking ued can be learned within 5 minutes

Goodluck with your mapping
    On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

I learned it in about 30 :grin:
      Predator
      Black Cat Games Modeler
      Black Cat Games
      Nightblade
      Thievery

Comment

Originally posted by PhaeThorn
        Alright Phae! Way to encourage someone who's new at something!! Good job!!

:roll:

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
          Originally posted by PhaeThorn
          Alright Phae! Way to encourage someone who's new at something!! Good job!!

:roll:
          There was a sarcasm emoticon in it. ( ) and a joke emoticon . I really hope you don't take that serious lr :lol:

And sorry to carnage if he felt that was serious too
          On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

I spent 200 hours just to make something half-decent.

Oh, encourage you said. Hmm... You gain patiens

And you can make some really cool stuff. And... I'll be quiet now :roll:

Comment

'tis very addicitve.

Comment

I keep getting bad architecture, and when I do, UEd crashes.
                JM

Comment

UED can be frustrating at start, but after you start getting the basics the rest just flows more easesly.
                  Definetly the best way to learn UED is reading tutorials because the UED interface is not simple. (1 day just learn how to navigate in the map )[/list][/i]
                  Feel the power of the

Comment

If you have the bandwidth, I seriously recommend downloading the 3dBuzz tutorials, makes things so much easier. http://www.3dbuzz.com (Sign up, downloads->downloads->scroll to UnrealEd section).

Comment

dalai, that is for UT2003 ( ued 3.0 ) not thievery ued ( ued 2.0 )

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

I reccomend Unreal Wiki's tutorials.

http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/wiki
                        (AKA Dresden)
                        Despite all my rage, I am still just a dwarf in a cage.

Comment

Ah true. Still, the editors are pretty similar.

Comment

Working...
                          X