TH-Barracks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TH-Barracks

Yea, yea, I still don't have stupid UT to play Thievery on...and I still want it, I might be able to get it soon, along with the time to play it. Anyways, a map idea is sticking in my head, and it is something I would really like to create. So I am making this thread about it to get ideas/thoughts/concerns and just to make notes on th-process from start to finish.

Ok, here is the concept for TH-Barracks:

Its a training camp for Guards. There will be 2 different versions, day and night, the layout will be the same on both plus/minus a few small mods. It will have a large training area, pool, kitchen, a BARRACKS, dungeon, dining area, arena, offices, rec rooms, obsticle course, and other necessities.

The day version will be for training guards. Target practice, ordering AI's, sparing, running, jumping, fencing with the AI, etc. The players will have unlimited hit points so they could stay in the area all day if they wanted to. I can even see guild meetings being held in this place. Thieves will be able to enter the game too, hopefully without the game saying 'thief has joined the game' to allow for any 'suprise' training excercises. Guards would be able to go to the library and read books on tactics, or to the rec room to play some pool. Theoretically, this game could stay open indefinatley as long as someone stays to 'hold the fort.'

The night version will be for actual games. I am not really sure what would be of value at a training camp, but something can be thought of.

A thief version of this would come MUCH later, since I don't have a concept for them, unless we recreate the training mission from Thief. Maybe TH-Gallows or TH-Guildhouse. Eh...or they could use the guards map for training.

So anyways, any thoughts on this subject would be great. Like I said, this is gonna be my notepad. Maybe I will draw TH-Map soon to flesh it out.

One question I want to know now is: Are there flags in TUT? It would be nice to have different flags for the guilds to display, and for the thieves to tear down.

Kiech
    Kiech

This is a good idea! I like it. Unfortunately, my brain is currently empty, so I cannot make any suggestions.
    It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

Look for TH-Stronghold, pretty similar.
      JM

Comment

Finally got UT...downloading PART 1 of TUT right now...on my high-speed 56k line. UGH.

Lurox: What's this? TH-Stronghold? Since I am not going to be able to see this game for another year or so by the speed of my modem, can you tell me about it?
        Kiech

Comment

Th-stronghold is a map coming in 1.3.

You better check the thievery ut web page now for the latest news about 1.3.
          JM

Comment

TH-Stronghold became a temporary public beta map after [me] found it on UnrealEd's (Ed Duke-Cox's) site. Apperantly it was not supposed to be public, I just found it by accident really, but I started a thread in the old forums.

What a great first thread for me ops:

Comment

I did exactly the same thing in IRC after finding Ed's TUT maps page with google. ops:

Comment

OK, I looked at TH-Stronghold preview...other than being a keep it isn't what I am thinking about. TH-Barracks is going to be training based...think gladiator school.
                Kiech

Comment

Ok, I drew a sketch of what I want the place to look like. Now since my drawings looks like crap to anyone including me, I think it would be better to explain it.

Grass hedge around edge of map
                  Top North: Graveyards, fence covering southern portion with only one gate and a thief exit.
                  Around the rest of the map: Fruit trees/grassy area.
                  A moat surrounds the barracks.
                  There is a bridge going over the moat into the graveyard area.
                  To the south, a drawbridge may be lowered.
                  The barracks consists of 3 main walls: East Wall, West Wall, and Southern Entrance.
                  The east/west walls will contain the berthing areas, and the southern entrance will contain officer quarters, dining hall, kitchens, library...
                  Now I can divide the courtyard into 5 zones.
                  The center is the arena. The Southern entrance connects to this structure, and has a booth to view the matches from.
                  The SW zone is for practicing archery, the SE side is for melee.
                  The NW side has a greenhouse, and the NE side has the church.

I hope I can copy the fish from TH-Spiders to patrol the moat. Maybe a few ghosts or undead types in the graveyard.

The second exit will be south of the drawbridge. I will have a road leading from the drawbridge to the exit...not sure what to make the exit look like, however (open/locked, gate/no gate.)

The drawbridge will be openable from the outside by use of a broadhead arrow into a window(not an easy shot!)

More to come I am sure.
                  Kiech

Comment

Originally posted by Kiech Bepho
                    I hope I can copy the fish from TH-Spiders to patrol the moat.

What fish???

(Yes, it's an old thread but I wanted to know about the fish...)
                    hehe.... this is a sig no?

Comment

there aren't fish. Butthere are birds.

ATTACK FALOCNS! NICE!

anyway, someone is makinga tutorial map, but i forget which thread. Talk to him, since he does not have a guard tutorial. I think your map idea would run well.
                      "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Yea, I made this thread in the before time, in the long, long ago. I meant to say Skelts.

But I have been pondering and pondering and pondering this map a LOT latley, since my comp doesn't quite have the juice to play right now...but I wanna so bad. Well, let me share some thoughts:

Th-barracks has transformed into the CTG HQ. All of the guard AI will be named after members of the CTG, and given loadouts/tactics simillar to their true selves. Its a 'get the evidence' plot right now, seems the CTG is quite a LOT of illicit projects latley.

Which leads us to another mission staring TOB. Darkproject is trying to leave the city with his remaining Tear of Blood(he lost his other in PAYBACK.) Some of his lackeys (read: guildmembers) are guards that are running interference for him. But the TOWN guards and VERY UPSET thieves are both trying to take him down, while killing each other in the process. If DarkProject wins, everyone has to see the annoying 'TOB PWNS YOU' message go across the screen. (this is a TOUGH mission to script! 4 teams in all!!!)

The FAG have a burlesq club.

The RLF/Wraiths have an underground lair, with a ranting MG locked up in a nice room with pillowy walls. And we learn that DarkBill has been taking heart pills for some reason.

Thats about it for now. If I actually map these babies out, I will be calling for a LOT of input.

Kiech Bepho
                        www.thecrackaz.com
                        Kiech

Comment

The RLF/Wraiths have an underground lair, with a ranting MG locked up in a nice room with pillowy walls. And we learn that DarkBill has been taking heart pills for some reason.
                          First time I've laughed today. ^_^

Reminds me of another random idea, though: A thiefmatch game between all the guildmasters. Could be fun. ^_^
                          Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

Th-barracks has transformed into the CTG HQ. All of the guard AI will be named after members of the CTG, and given loadouts/tactics simillar to their true selves. Its a 'get the evidence' plot right now, seems the CTG is quite a LOT of illicit projects latley.

Which leads us to another mission staring TOB. Darkproject is trying to leave the city with his remaining Tear of Blood(he lost his other in PAYBACK.) Some of his lackeys (read: guildmembers) are guards that are running interference for him. But the TOWN guards and VERY UPSET thieves are both trying to take him down, while killing each other in the process. If DarkProject wins, everyone has to see the annoying 'TOB PWNS YOU' message go across the screen. (this is a TOUGH mission to script! 4 teams in all!!!)

What? No TuF mentioned?

We should be interspersed amongest the other guild's turf and members! I don't know, but the possibilities to include us are endless!

Comment

Originally posted by The Dragon

What? No TuF mentioned?

We should be interspersed amongest the other guild's turf and members! I don't know, but the possibilities to include us are endless!
                              Same Dragon TCO could have tons of possibilites too!
                              The Guard "eats, drinks, and sleeps"

Likita: lol, can't.. must..stay..awake.............

It's TACO TIME!

Comment

Working...
                              X