TUT Maps -> T2 FM Conversion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TUT Maps -> T2 FM Conversion?

Just wondering if this is a possibility. Even if the mappers themselves don't want to convert their TUT maps for a T2 FM, what if someone else offered to do it?
    <<----Brookhaven S3---->>

I doubt that could be done, since it's 2 different systems/engines/editors.

Comment

Aside from the objectives and such, I'm talking about just the map itself.

Comment

To be honest, im just guessing here - but i dont think you could just "copy" a map out of UED and transfer it to DromEd. That would need a rebuild from scratch i think.

But for sure most TUT Maps would make a nice Thief Mission - with some improvements to the story part :wink:
        My leet Thievery Map
        My leet UT3 Map
        My leet AS Map

Comment

How come you think he meant not doing it from scratch and by hand?
          Anyway I'd prefer having Thief FMs turned into good TUT maps!
          AlienMode ThieveryUT adaption
          Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
          Life is a bitch, then you get cancer. One story is good till another is told.

Comment

Lol. That's what I'm trying to say. Build everything from scratch. I've been wanting to get my hands on DromEdding again...

Comment

One potential problem with this is that most thief maps are much larger than thievery maps. It might work but they'd very short missions.
              <-- Resident Nightblade suggestion attorney...

Comment

Huh, that question misled me somehow

As for shortness, that would'nt hurt i think. Coz TUT maps are designed with multiple ways of access/reaching goals a converted TUT map would offer more replayability value than some other long linear T2 FMs. The three difficulty modes could add to that with the usual variations in guard placement/ patrols, loot locations, locked ways, objectives etc. and the no-kill/no-ko restriction on Expert. And why not change or add some architecture. And remember in Thief missions there is no "DM some guards, die, respawn and DM the rest" . Death means restart :grin: . Id like to find out how ye olde TUT-Maps look as T2 Maps too. If ya make some TUT-T2 Conversion, CoK, id play them
                My leet Thievery Map
                My leet UT3 Map
                My leet AS Map

Comment

Actually I tought it could be interesting to convert "A Guard called Benny" since that mission seems to have goten some inspiration from Thievery. Notably it features that now forgotten bug where calls would damage everyone including guards.
                  Feel the power of the

Comment

I've got pretty bad design skills anyway so it would do good if I could have a reference of some sort. Ok, need to get the full install to work cause my CD is scratched! Damn it!

Originally posted by Firetiger
                    One potential problem with this is that most thief maps are much larger than thievery maps. It might work but they'd very short missions.
                    Small? I felt TH-Flats was pretty big.

Comment

Originally posted by Child of Karras
                      Small? I felt TH-Flats was pretty big.
                      It is, but not giant, and you'd have to add more indoor areas IMO.
                      <-- Resident Nightblade suggestion attorney...

Comment

Though you say from scratch I don't see why you couldnt turn maps from ued to dromed, after all there is that script/program that allows you to turn thief maps into ued maps (which works great) Life OF The Party was fun under tut, but without the speeches (example: "...I am Sir Frederick Juniper Rothchild The Third. And I Deserve More Respect Than Those &lt;crrrrt&gt; Commoners." ) then it just wasn't as good :wink:

As to Th-Flats yes it is small, it's something like 1/4 of the original size according to Dalai, what we need to do is track down the original BIG map (which had no loot, AI,etc).
                        [E.D.G] "Eaves Droppers Guild - we're on the edge."

All New Thievery-O's!

Comment

Working...
                        X