Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Importing pictures for HUD or is it HUB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing pictures for HUD or is it HUB?

Anyways..
    I took 3 screenshots of my game to be displayed in the HUD/HUB..I have them imported and ready to go..
    How do I set it to display more than one picture?

You mean the map screenshots that come up in the map selection box?

Comment

Yeah those are the ones. Like a preview of the map as you surf the servers ..they saw what map is being played at that time.

Comment

Right click on the texture and go to properties > animation.

Back in the browser, click on the texture you want it to display next, then go to AnimNext in the first texture properties window and hit use. Repeat until you've got your whole loop set up and it should work fine.

I think it might also animate textures automatically if you name them in a certain way, IIRC: [MyName]_00, _01, _02 etc.

Comment

The first texture has to be imported as 'MyLevel.Screenshot'

Comment

It's not working..keeps crashing and when I can manage to keep it open..after I import the 3 screens and link them to animate scroll..it won't let me pick the first pic to place in the LevelInfo section for screenshots..maybe i'll just leave it blank..more of a mystery that way..=)

Comment

Are you importing the textures in the right format?

Comment

Yeah, its really picky about what format, size, and filename the picture has. Also, check if there is any spaces in the path to the picture (ie. My Documents), this also makes it mad.
                It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

File size - 256X256 8 bit 256 color
                  File type/extension - pcx
                  1st- MyLevel.Screenshot.pcx
                  2nd - Screenshot1.pcx
                  3rd - Screenshot2.pcx

Comment

hmmm
                    Try using a bitmap (.bmp) extension. I think thats what I had to do. UnrealEd doesn't automaticly look for them for some reason.
                    It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

You do know that the filename should just be "screenshot"? MyLevel is the package. "MyLevel.Screenshot" translates to package.texture, it's the whole path that the game uses.

Comment

Originally posted by Nachimir
                        You do know that the filename should just be "screenshot"? MyLevel is the package. "MyLevel.Screenshot" translates to package.texture, it's the whole path that the game uses.
                        Ok but then why did Dalai say

Originally posted by Dalai
                        The first texture has to be imported as 'MyLevel.Screenshot'

Comment

Ok I got the ported in fine..now how the hell to I slow them down...

Comment

Originally posted by Apache{NAD}
                            Ok I got the ported in fine..now how the hell to I slow them down...
                            Rightclick the first screen> Properties, edit Max/Min under Anim

Comment

Working...
                            X