Mapping Wiki Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mapping Wiki Poll

This is currently a speculative question - I find wiki-style documentation to be both useful, so I was wondering if anyone else would use and/or contribute (with information, not funds!) to a Thievery mapping wiki.
    If you're wondering what a wiki is...
    "[A] Wiki is a piece of server software that allows users to freely create and edit Web page content using any Web browser. Wiki supports hyperlinks and has a simple text syntax for creating new pages and crosslinks between internal pages on the fly."

Here's a good reference - http://wiki.beyondunreal.com
    Yes, I would both use and contribute
    70.59%
    Yes, I would use but not contribute
    23.53%
    No, I would not use or contribute
    5.88%
    Last edited by Mordengaard; 16 Oct 2004, 12:42 PM.
    Mordengaard - Tester/Mapper/Voice Actor/Nitpick/Coder

"Criminal: A person with predatory instincts who has not sufficient capital to form a corporation."
    :: Howard Scott

I'd be done for that 100%. I'm new, but still have some skills. Sign me up!
    [email protected] - My favorite color, the tone of my skin, my EMail address and the best type of pie!

Comment

I've seen it all and it works well inside a small group. But I fear that editing people's posts will give problems. Trolls who delete it, Accidently deleting a part, Someone who thinks a few titles more looks better while the author does not, etc. I do not think it will work too well in a public place. But I do like wiki. I never heard of it before untill about .... 6 to 12 months ago. I like it now, although threads also work fine for me.
      On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

Voted would use and contribute, but should add acouple of qualifiers.

I would use it if covers things not found in the FAQ already provided, and would contribute if I have a bit of useful knowledge. As my first and only map is still under construction, that remains to be seen of course.

I like the idea. If nothing else, the current FAQ would be expanded upon. There is a good bit of information in the forums that it owuld be nice to put in a more organized form.
        Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
        Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Comment

Nice idea, I found the BeyondUnreal wiki somewhat lacking in parts. If ya do one, id recommend some "How to" list style (How to make doors, How to make elevators, how to use 2dshape editor, how to make light-switches, etc) with examples. Dont expect anything from me though, i've forgotten soo much *-*

Also, Sisu is right. TUT doesnt get younger, and with the new shiny looking rivals already banging at the doors....

Id greatly appreciate some Ued 3 wiki made by ya NB folks tho

Didnt vote
          My leet Thievery Map
          My leet UT3 Map
          My leet AS Map

Comment

Why not a general Black Cat Games mapping wiki?
            Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

If it was a general Black Cat games Wiki, I would like to be able to filter per game for mod specific questions when searching. I would only be coming here for issues related to the mod- not general mapping. The unreal wikki is good for that.
              Give some taffer fire, and you'll keep him warm for the night with one less reason to cause trouble for the master.
              Set a taffer on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life, and have no need to bother the master.

Comment

I don't do much Thievery mapping anymore, but I know UED 2 like the back of my hand. I'd be more than happy to use the knowledge for something...
                It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

With apologies for the delay, I'm pleased to announce that the Black Cat Public Mapping Wiki is now open for your perusal.
                  Things are a little thin on the ground right now, so let's get contributing!
                  You can find the wiki HERE.
                  Mordengaard - Tester/Mapper/Voice Actor/Nitpick/Coder

"Criminal: A person with predatory instincts who has not sufficient capital to form a corporation."
                  :: Howard Scott

Comment

Awesome!!
                    ...and all is silent, save the voice of the clock...

Comment

Working...
                    X