No announcement yet.

Th-Payback: what should be done to it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Th-Payback: what should be done to it?

Originally posted by DarkProject
    What should i do to payback to make it good enough?
    You can find his map here.

Only 2 real issues that I have with it:

Outside Lag. I would have to say this is the biggest issue. The map is almost unplayable. Not sure what to tell you here, though. Maybe someone else can help.

Loot requirement. I KNOW why it is so high, you have a LOT of different items in the place, but its REALLY annoying to collect 100 items + a gem. It's late at night, and all of the place settings don't REALLY have to be out, do they? Leave a few out, and pretend the rest is in the cubbard. Maybe raise the value of some of the items too. I hate having to sneak around for some 5 loot cup. Bah.

The outside lag hurt me when looking for altenate entrances, perhaps a map would help the players out. Not necessarily a map that shows where you are, but a map of the area at least.

There is a chainsaw in the map. And a very tough route leading to it But this route can be deleted easily, and maybe save a few brushes at the same time. Since getting the chainsaw is just something that is 'not gonna happen' in the game.

Again, very pretty map. With a little work, one of the best.

Kiech
    Kiech

I agree with Kiech on both issues,

The loot is especially daft because it's unnecessarily stringing out a game, just to say "Hey, this map needs loads more loot than the normal ones" & suddenly doesn't feel like its fits in.

If you want a map that feels like a genuine Thievery map, you should try to keep within the normal loot restraints that define the other maps. Just change the loot limit to something like 1500, & perhaps increase the loot value of some of the items.

Summary:
    Making a level hard is fine, but making a level that purposely takes ages to complete isn't a good idea.

Comment

Clicky

Comment

the loot i am changing. anda lot of other small issues but the lag i need help on. i send the map to switch hoping he can help me out but i don't believe he had the time yet to look at it. so now i'm in waiting stage
        http://profiles.myspace.com/users/7360475
        -=:ToB:=- / :]eDe[: Site: www.endarkend.net
        -=:ToB:=-Forums: www.endarkend.net/phpbb/
        -=:ToB:=-PayingSins (TUT MAP)- http://www.endarkend.net/downloads/m...oB_Payback.zip

Comment

Haven't looked in UED, but general tips:

1. Zone it differently.
          2. Reduce Mesh-polys to at the most 2000.

Comment

DarkProject, why is a wing of the mansion floating in space? You can see it from thief spawn area. It makes zero architectural sense.

By the way, despite my criticism above, it is one of the coolest ways yet to enter a mansion!
            "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

Hey DP... My new computer can run the map at 60fps+
              "There's no problem that can't be solved with a big crate!"

Comment

Originally posted by Buho
                DarkProject, why is a wing of the mansion floating in space? You can see it from thief spawn area. It makes zero architectural sense.
                Try deciphering his posts. :roll:

Comment

new version is out jooo 4r5ed f00000s
                  http://profiles.myspace.com/users/7360475
                  -=:ToB:=- / :]eDe[: Site: www.endarkend.net
                  -=:ToB:=-Forums: www.endarkend.net/phpbb/
                  -=:ToB:=-PayingSins (TUT MAP)- http://www.endarkend.net/downloads/m...oB_Payback.zip

Comment

Working...
                  X