Random objective lists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random objective lists

I am having a bit of Wiki woes right now, but I figured this is a good place to post this for now.

Random map objectives

This is something I have to credit to Phae with, but as I searched for the answer then its possible that you will too. Lets get started.

1. Make at least 2 TObjectiveHelper for Thieves of whatever Objectives you happen to want.

2. Change the name of the guards TObjectiveHelper to something else. Possibly TGObjectiveHelper. Note that these instructions will NOT help you to make objectives for guards based on the Thief objectives.

3. Put in TRandomObjectDestroyer into your map which is under your Info->TInfo actor directory. Go into its Properties and choose Display->Drawscale and make it at least a 5 so you will be able to see it later if you need it. Its the big dragon head btw.

4. Now go to Events and change the variable of 'Event' to "TObjectiveHelper" or whatever you have decided to call your list of thief objectives. When done, you should see a line connecting your objectives to TRandomObjectDestroyer.

All done! Now you can add some spice to your map as how you see fit. If anyone however knows how to keep the Guard team from seeing what the Thief Objectives are, I would appreciate it.
    Last edited by Kiech Bepho; 7 Feb 2005, 07:20 PM.
    Kiech

Is the idea that the thieves would have different objectives each game and thus the guards would not know what the objective is for each game? Would this be too confusing for noobs who don't know the maps and what type of objectives are possible?
    Night of the Werewolves II
    HarryPotterwars
    A Thief's Guide to Thievery for UT (video not complete yet)

Comment

Originally posted by Kiech Bepho
      If anyone however knows how to keep the Guard team from seeing what the Thief Objectives are, I would appreciate it.
      Honour system!

But really, there is no easy way to do so. It would involve changing base game files, I'd think.
      It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

Interesting. Tho then again there *is* a limited number of objectives, so i think it if its used in a large scale (multiple objective items far away from each other) it would just make the guards live harder by giving a bigger number of possible targets to cover. Should be used in the sense of "grab x (random item) out of one room with other x items". If the randomizing could be used to shift a map from loot- to objective-based or vice versa that would be teh shiat.
        My leet Thievery Map
        My leet UT3 Map
        My leet AS Map

Comment

Convict: I admit this would give new players something to think about...but I don't think its going to be an issue.

Schleicher: The objectives can be whatever you want them to be. You can even change the exit zone if you want.

Big_D: Right now I am looking at just labling the obj as 'hidden' and finding some way in the form of a dropped scroll perhaps of informing the thieves of what they need to do.

More work will come.
          Kiech

Comment

It does have potential but it needs to be easy on noobs and not make thieves win much more than they already do (I think they win a bit over 50% at the moment).
            Night of the Werewolves II
            HarryPotterwars
            A Thief's Guide to Thievery for UT (video not complete yet)

Comment

I really don't see a balance issue here if thats what you are looking at. Its up to the mapper to define the objectives anyways. The big thing is that we could actually just have more flavor in games where this is implemented, as there will have to be more than 1 strategy per map.
              Kiech

Comment

Because right now there is only one strategy per map right! (omg conflict starter)

I've talked to phae about this, seems like a good thing, depends on the mappers use of it imo, like much of everything else in levels (omg common sense)
                How TuF are you?
                League of Legends
                Bloodbowl by Extensions

Comment

Working...
                X