Anyone recognize this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone recognize this?

Great timing! Anyone recognize, or can explain what this is or means?

Assertion Failed: RenDev [File:C:\UTDev\WinDrv\Src\WinViewport.cpp] [Line:337]
    History: UWindowsViewport::OpenWindow <-WViewportFrame::SetViewport <- WLevelFrame::OpenFrameViewport
    <- WLevelFrame::OpenWindow <- WEditorFrame::OpenLevelView
    This started happening when I tried to open my Editor this morning.

Any help would be appreciated.
    ...and all is silent, save the voice of the clock...

This looks like that problem...err...whatsitscalled. If I remember correctly it's something to do with how your viewports are set up, it's a known bug and there is a fix for it so you should be able to find the answer either on the official site or the unrealwiki. I can't remember what the solution is though as it was so long ago.
    One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
    -
    The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

Comment

Try running the UT patch again. It's a long shot, but I remember that fixing a similar error.
      It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

uh... actually, it wasn't the viewport bug - Ued just kept crashing; wouldn't open at all. The most effective solution was uninstall/reinstall. What kills me about Ued is how unpredictable it's bugs are, and how uncanny it is at crashing at the most inopportune times...

But thanks anyway.

Comment

No, it definately was a viewport bug. Just one of those nasty ones that really messes things up. While there probably was an ini setting that would've fixed it, reinstalling was probably just as easy if not easier than tracking it down.
          It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by BiG_D
            No, it definately was a viewport bug. Just one of those nasty ones that really messes things up. While there probably was an ini setting that would've fixed it, reinstalling was probably just as easy if not easier than tracking it down.
            Just as well, I'm not good at .ini surgery... But thanks Big_D, I appreciate the help.

Comment

Ah well, as long as it's working now
              One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
              -
              The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

Comment

Working...
              X