No announcement yet.

Stopping the sound bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The sound engine is spectacular, for the most part. Until you put on headphones, that is, or have a good surround sound system. Then you can hear many things that you SHOULDN'T be able to hear. Such as footsteps from a far area of a house, or other noise from an underground area, that would be impossible to detect otherwise. I suspose that these could be mapping issues, but only in part. Many of these maps that propagate too much sound depend on thin walls/ceilings, but when you can hear someone creeping you should at least be fairly close to them.

Kiech
    Kiech

Comment

Originally posted by BiG_D
      Unless you have a good surround sound system. Then I hate you .
      I have.
      And with a little practice im able to pinpoint the location of a taffer... In all 3 dimensions.
      "There's no problem that can't be solved with a big crate!"

Comment

I've got the standard 2+1 system that game with my comp, but I can still pinpoint a taffer/guard in a second.

Comment

I have 4.0 surround. UT surround sound sucks. It's there, but I have the worst time determining direction (2D) of the sound. How the heck can you pinpint in 3D, Bloody? You have one speaker above you and one speaker below you? UT03 has phenominal surround sound. I can really pinpoint sounds in that game!
          "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

You have to listen for the were the sound is strongest. If im in the Rectory, and i hear a day i can tell wheter is was downstairs or upstairs. In nostalgia, im able to hear wheter the thief is on the roof streching his bow or sitting right in front of the door. (Room next to special display room.)

It's traning. Just as everything else. Try it. Btw. my system is a 4.1... I was also able to do it with a normal 2.1 system... Altough it's harder to tell if it's infront or behind you.
            "There's no problem that can't be solved with a big crate!"

Comment

Working...
            X