Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kiech Bepho
    replied
    Yea, it is susposed to use the pathnodes to move around, but they still go right though the ceiling/walls at times. I am wondering if there is anything that could block sound from traveling thorough it. Does water have this property? If I made a room with water walls, would you be able to hear what is going on inside the room? Hmm...I would still want the noise to travel along the pathnodes, however...

Kiech

Leave a comment:

• The_Dan
    replied
    I once played System Shock 2 with headphones.

My heart has never fully recovered

Leave a comment:

• BiG_D
    replied
    I remember reading somewhere that the Thievery sound system works by using the pathnodes to do some kind of calculation. And yes, headphones are the only way to go. Unless you have a good surround sound system. Then I hate you .

Leave a comment:

• The_Dan
    replied
    The volume with which you hear a sound is roughly based upon the distance that has to be travelled from the sound to your position, via pathnodes, kindof. The system is far from perfect but is a good step above the normal hear-everything approach of the Unreal engine.

I only half understand the system, so my reply is only half right (thats gonna be my excuse when one someone else explains this problem completely differently)

Leave a comment:

• Kiech Bepho
    started a topic Stopping the sound bug

Stopping the sound bug

After trying headphones last night, I now realize how much the players hear that should never happen. Is there any way to stop the maddness? Do really thick walls stop it from happening, or is it something else?

Thanks,

Kiech
Working...
X