No announcement yet.

The Mobile Manor is under construction!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Mobile Manor is under construction!

Its official: I will be creating a level on a train.
    I have started the basic construction of the engine. The boilers on the front are near completed, but the interior is barely even started.

The lighting on the outside will be changed, I just wanted to ba able to see what everything looked like. And no, there won't be a guard standing on the front of the train. Once again, it is just for viewing purposes.
    I'll try to keep this page updated with any work I do on the level, and any new screenshots.
    It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Damn, that thing's BIG!!

Comment

Looks really interesting, I wonder how it will play, if you need any beta testers, PM me, i'd be more then happy to test it for you.

Comment

Hehe, the other cars are most likely going to be twice the height of that one, I don't want any bottlenecks.
        I have close to nothing completed, so don't expect that I'll need testers any time soon.

Comment

More screenies, this time with the lighting looking like it should.

Comment

Looking great!

But is it supposed to be THAT big?

Comment

Of course its supposed to be that big.
              Well, ok, the first time I spawned the guard on the front I was suprised how big it was, but I really like how it looks. Its a house on wheels, it better be huge.

Comment

Originally posted by BiG_D
                Of course its supposed to be that big.
                Well, ok, the first time I spawned the guard on the front I was suprised how big it was, but I really like how it looks. Its a house on wheels, it better be huge.
                Ah, original and cool. I suppose it have to be that big, in order to get it a TvG map. This reminds me of something...

Please, keep us updated!

Comment

The original thread is here if you want to have a look.
                  You probably don't want to read through that so:
                  Originally posted by thetragictaffer
                  Anyway my poiint is that since this is Thiever, why not go hog-wild? Make a massive train, each carriage with multiple floors that have crawlspaces between them. It could be a huge juggernaut of a locomotive that puts anything we have in the real world to shame.
                  That is what I'm aiming for.

Comment

Sweet, can't wait for it Big_D!
                    Kiech

Comment

Don't get too excited, I expect it to take a long time.

Comment

btw ever played Unreal Tournaments Assault map Hi-Speed its set on a train and might help with getting things like moving trains done such as falling off the train and watching the train move on
                        [E.D.G] "Eaves Droppers Guild - we're on the edge."

All New Thievery-O's!

Comment

Right. That was talked about in the big thread mentioned. The movement of the train is facilitated with moving textures on the ground and walls. IMHO, that's the downside to that illusion: you're in a canyon the whole time -- no scenery.

Personally, I'd shrink the train down to 75%. And I'd pack the control room with counters, controls and stuff, so it's not so spacious. Other than that, sweeeeeeet. I especially like the headlight lighting, how it throws light up along the walls to the sides. I followed the other thread, and I think this will work out well. Good luck!
                          "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

Originally posted by Buho
                            Right. That was talked about in the big thread mentioned. The movement of the train is facilitated with moving textures on the ground and walls. IMHO, that's the downside to that illusion: you're in a canyon the whole time -- no scenery.
                            I was thinking about that: I do have a tunnel flying by every few minutes, why not have some rocks sticking out from the canyon wall? That is going to be low on my list of priorities for now, but I might get around to it eventually.
                            As for the control room, there is a lot more to it now than there was last time.

Comment

Will it actually be moving?

Looks nice, btw.
                              JM

Comment

Working...
                              X