Final Prep question (DromEd)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Prep question (DromEd)

Ok, i got my map all Darkloader ready and zipped. When i load my map through darkloader and i press play, and go into the objectives screen and press continue. Unlike other missions where you have to watch the gauges load for about 10-15 seconds, instead mine loads instantly after i press the button like its not even loading anything and when the mission starts, its just a pitch black screen with a bright lightgem with no healthshields or anything, and no sound. It does the same thing when i put my miss20.mis file into Thief2 and try it that way. if anyone can tell me how to fix this i would really aprriciate it. I really don't want 6 months of hard work to be down the tubes because of some last minuet retarted problem. If anyone has any clues about this i would really aprriciate it

P.S The gauges load instantly in the objectives screen instead of taking 10-15 seconds to load. THis is my only clue

HELP ANYONE!?!?!?!??!?!??

Timmy
    "It is truly a shame that the guards must be kept from the very tools of thier proffesion, but such blatant misuse of gas arrows cannot be tolerated. Alas, that poor burrick..."

I could be wrong here... but isn't this the THIEVERY forums?

Thought for the day: Beware of Gods who do not laugh

http://bobthemad.8m.com/

Comment

Originally posted by BobTheMad
      I could be wrong here... but isn't this the THIEVERY forums?

I was going to reply in much the same manner, but it occurred to me that there are a number of Thief FM designers here who might be able to help him.

On the other hand, T13X, you may want to post this in the Thief forums as well, if you haven't already.

Comment

Since you don't get health shields or anything, it really sounds that you haven't made a player start point, or made Garrett a player. Check that, tell me if you find what's wrong.

Comment

I know this is the Thievery mapping forums. But the truth is i have posted this on all the other forums (call it spam if you want) because i am getting really desperate. As i said, i have been working 6 months on this map and this problem could really be the "akilies heel" that causes me to delete my mission and piss on the 150 hrs that i spent on it. I have double checked my startingpoint, and the links. If anyone knows anything about Dromed and has any ideas to help me with this it would be greatly aprriciated....
          "It is truly a shame that the guards must be kept from the very tools of thier proffesion, but such blatant misuse of gas arrows cannot be tolerated. Alas, that poor burrick..."

Comment

Originally posted by Thief13x
            Unlike other missions where you have to watch the gauges load for about 10-15 seconds, instead mine loads instantly after i press the button like its not even loading anything and when the mission starts, its just a pitch black screen...
            Can there be something buggy with your objectives? Does the objectives screen show at all?

Comment

yes, my objective screen does work fine untill i press continue in which it goes to my mission instantly and there is a pitch black screen with a full bright lightgem. When i hit objectives, it showes all 5 check boxes with no text next to them, and when i hit map, there is no map. But when i test it with DromEd my objectives and map works fine...

Comment

But I'm still holding on to that this is a starting point problem. When you play the mission via DromEd, does it work there?

Comment

PM me or contact me thru ICQ #2696764 and I'll see what the problem is..Cool
                  We can set-up a way for me to get the file to look at..

Comment

Did you set the DarkMissionDescription?
                    DID link the starting point to the avatar of garrett not the obj..(-2099)
                    Is the file zipped correctly?
                    When you spilt it from a COW to MIS and GAM files did you do it right?
                    Did you set the gamesys to your GAM file in the console?
                    Could be a number of things...Contact me and we can make arrangements to do a file transfer..

Comment

There's a COW file used in DromEd?

Man, the D2X people are gonna have a fit....

Comment

Yeah..the COW file is basically the MIS and GAM combined into 1 file..If you make any changes to the GAM file while making your level..you can either save it as a COW..or save it as 2 separate files from the start..The COW is easier..but spliting them up later can be a pain in the arse.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache{NAD}
                          Yeah..the COW file is basically the MIS and GAM combined into 1 file..If you make any changes to the GAM file while making your level..you can either save it as a COW..or save it as 2 separate files from the start..The COW is easier..but spliting them up later can be a pain in the arse.
                          So, in DromEd, having a COW is a good thing?

Comment

YES! so shutup you lame amature!!!!!!!!!!!!! ok apatche, ill have to pm you tommorow tho, I have aim, if you do, my sn is TheMasterThief33, add me and ill ttyl. thanks i really aprriciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Thief13x
                              YES! so shutup you lame amature!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              Thank you, Timmy, I love you too!

Comment

Working...
                              X