Yet another Light question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another Light question.

Could someone explain the props of the lights to me in terms a child could understand?

LightCone = ?? :?
    LightPeriod = ?? :?
    LightRadius = ?? :?
    VolumeBrightness = ?? :?

Those are the 4 that seem to always have a number set in them by default.
    Here is my take on what they mean.

LightCone = In UnrealEd units the size of the light at the furthest distance of the radius..IE..A spotlight with a LightCone of 128 will have a spot on the wall that is 128 units across.
    LightPeriod = No clue
    LightRadius = The distance the light will affect the surroundings.
    VolumeBrightness = Again no clue

Thank you

Don't know about lightperiod, but I think VolumeBrightness is for setting the brightness of volumetric fog lights.
    (AKA Dresden)
    Despite all my rage, I am still just a dwarf in a cage.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache{NAD}
      LightCone = In UnrealEd units the size of the light at the furthest distance of the radius..IE..A spotlight with a LightCone of 128 will have a spot on the wall that is 128 units across.
      I can't give exact values, but this is used with Spotlights for determining the width of the "cone" of light extending from the spotlight. If you never use spotlights, then this ain't worth worrying about.

LightPeriod = No clue
      Used with light effects, to determine the rate at which they spin/pulsate/strobe/etc. This will define how long it will take the light to complete one animation/effect cycle.

LightRadius = The distance the light will affect the surroundings.
      Normal lights act in a sphere, extending from the light icon that you place in UED. The light will become less intense towards the edge of the sphere, & this property determines the radius of that sphere.

Volume Brightness = Again no clue
      I haven't use volumetric lights much, but I think this sets the brightness of the light "area" that you can see.

Comment

Working...
      X